As meeting planners, we all know how demanding the first day of your long-awaited event can be. After months of developing your themes, coordinating speakers, and finalizing the guest list, it all comes down to this: the first impression. Will my welcome reception be awesome? Will my BEOs deliver? Will all of this work be worth it? Here is a quick guide to help you be in tip top shape before the big event.
– Sleep. I can’t stress this enough. You need to get your regular 7-9 hours before the big day.
– Eat! Keep some energy bars on you at all times and your favorite piece of fruit. One of my favorites are the KIND bars. They have fruit & nuts and really pack nutrition.
– Comfy shoes. This should be a given but make sure you do not wear brand new shoes to your first day. Tennis shoes are best but if your dress code doesn’t allow it, find some Naturalizers with a small heel.
– Hydrate, really. Do it the days leading up to and during the event. If you are like me, you will drink caffeine all day & drain all of your hydration with wine at night. Your skin & hair will show it.
– Arrive a day prior to your event. Walk every inch of that space and meet with the staff. Make sure you are all on the same page.
– Have fun! Things will happen; something will be off. Laugh it off, fix it and never let them see you sweat!
There is no getting around it. Most of us go through it – dreaming of BEOs, giveaways, and VIP flights in anticipation of the big event. Above all be ready to shine because all of your hard work is paying off.
Conbop helps event planners increase efficiency, communicate with attendees and leverage smart technologies. www.conbop.com