We often hear of the benefits and hesitations in the great debate of taking your event mobile. While app adoption and access continues to increase at an astronomical rate, we often see a few late adopters within some groups. The argument and benefits largely outweigh the perceived roadblocks. While your counterparts may see it as another expense, in the long run it can actually save you considerable amounts of money, increase your efficiency and save labor hours too. We have outlined the five signs you’re ready to go mobile now.
– You’ve been challenged to switch it up: introducing a mobile event app to your convention gives your attendees a new opportunity to engage and interact. Whether it’s a contest at an exhibitor’s booth or a photo scavenger hunt, a mobile app can give you all of the pieces to encourage a new level of participation at your next event.
– You’re operating with a tight staff: incorporating an event app actually can increase efficiency across your entire event. Mobile apps give users the ability to receive valuable information ahead of the event, easing the demands of a registration desk. A huge bonus at events is the ability to send real time alerts to the entire group, helping manage large tasks with little administration.
– You have a lot of data and information: Many conventions these days incorporate a split target audience, some attending as buyers and some as sellers. Ensuring each partner or attendee receives the info they are after can be tricky. A mobile event app can help organize your tracks and targeted events with simplicity. Scalability can allow for specific agenda info to be viewed by target groups and get all information to the correct users.
– You’ve been tasked to tighten up your budget: A big budget line item in many conventions is the printed agenda, workbooks, and surveys. Mobile event apps help reduce these costs by digitizing documents including maps, presentations, and surveys. By eliminating the printing costs associated with conference collateral, you will see a big chunk of savings from your overall budget.
– Your sponsors want more love: Our sponsors are our partner in an event. They share in our costs and invest in ensuring a successful event is had by everyone. Sponsors have many options and are often looking to stand out from the crowd. A mobile event app can give them the biggest bang for their buck. A sponsorship can include a banner or profile on an event app or you can offer one partner exclusive rights to the mobile event app. This would allow them an elevated branding experience, as attendees refer to their apps several times throughout the event. The impression opportunities with a sponsorship are limitless.
It’s no secret, mobile event apps have taken conventions to new heights. They provide the perfect opportunity organize data, retrieve real time analytics and provide an interactive platform for all users. Being an event planner takes an agility and keen attention to detail – and mobile event apps help you be the best you can be.